THAT'S MY JAM

Wednesday, April 21, 2010



I have been working hard on my county mix "yippee ki ya mother fucker" and am almost done with it. I have put a lot of thought into this one because a country mix is something that has to be done right. I used to hate country and it hasn't been until fairly recent that I have discovered that there is a huge difference from early county and the shit on CMT. I ended up finding out some stuff on my quest to pay tribute to good ol' country music. For example: I found the earliest recording of the song "Man of Constant Sorrow" by Emry Arthur. It was recorded in 1928 but the song didn't really become popular until 1951 when it was rerecorded by The Stanly Brothers.
I also found out that David Akeman aka "String Bean" is a tall rare snack treat to find in both mp3 and vinyl format. Don't worry where there is a will there is a way...and because I love String Bean so hard... he will be on that mix.
You can get the 1928 recording of man of constant sorrow here.
And of course some more String Bean!

2 comments:

  1. i await the depth of what is sure to be a deep country mix. deep it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. boy howdy! I'd love to sink my teeth into a deep country mix -- done right, it could be even finer than a toffee cashew yogurt raisin trail mix. yeehaw!

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer

All images, lyrics and music belong to their rightful owners. They are posted here for EDUCATIONAL and PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. Additionally, we don’t host material on our server, we only link to other websites. Nonetheless, if you own the rights to any of these images, videos, lyrics or music and do not wish them to appear on the site please CONTACT US, and they will be promptly removed.

in the last week we got this many visits: