THAT'S MY JAM
Sunday, December 25, 2011
Santa Claus vs. The Devil vs. Psyche Pop from Django's Ghost on Vimeo.
02. “Henry Adams” - The Frederic
03. “Princess Of The Gingerland” - Glitterhouse
04. “Travelling Circus” - The Epics
05. ‘Punch And Judy Man” - Pop Workshop
06. “Red, White And You” - Sounds Around
07. “The View” - Gary Walker and The Rain
08. “Tomorrow Today” - Kippington Lodge
09. “You’ll Find Me Anywhere” - Hi-Revving Tongues
10. Mix within the mix featuring The Groop, The Kinks,
The Tages, The Exceptions, The Cyrkle, Frank Zappa,
The Zombies, Mark Eric, The Sidewalk Skipper Band,
The Beach Boys, Stained Glass, The Shaggy Boys,
Free Design, Eternity’s Children, Summer Snow,
The Counts, Johnny Cobb and The Attractions,
The Family Tree (courtesy of FCR)
11. “What Are You Gonna Do” - The Summer Set
12. “Stop” - The Pan Pipers
13. “My Race Is Run” - The Motleys
14. “Buses” - The Hung Jury
15. “Alfred Appleby” - The Carnival Connection
16. “You Gotta Be With Me” - The Onyx
17. “Midnite Thoughts” - The World Column
18. “In The Land Of Make Believe” Jennifer’s Friend
19. “Walk In The Sky” The Crackerjack Society
20. “Your Way To Tell Me Go” - Plastic Penny
21. “Green Circles (Italian version)” - The Small Faces
Tuesday, December 20, 2011
Wednesday, December 14, 2011
Thursday, December 8, 2011
Saturday, December 3, 2011
Tuesday, November 29, 2011
Monday, November 28, 2011
"YAHNK IN MY EYES"
A mix about Eric, my favorite songs I stole from Eric, and basically some of the big Sparkling Yunker's favorites. Since he refuses to stop twiddling his balls and make a mix of his own, I will make one for him. Also starting off the mix are two songs recently completed by the Yunker himself with AAA Holeson. The duo known as the Yahnker-Olson Overload.
DL HERE: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?fiq1yrq1v8vbgza
Jennison - Y-O Overload
My Cousin's Birthday Party - Y-O Overload
Gold - Spandau Ballet
Keep on Lovin' Me - The Whispers
Plane Love - Jeffrey Osborne
If You Were Here Tonight - Alexander O'Neal
Sure Thing - Miguel
My Ever Changing Moods - The Style Council
Shout to the Top - The Style Council
Lessons in Love - Level 42
No Tell Lover - Chicago
Moody Girl - Frank Stallone
Skin Trade - Duran Duran
Let Me Love You Down - Ready For The World
The Secret Garden - Quincy Jones feat. Al B. Sure!, James Ingram, El DeBarge, & Barry White
maybe a couple of these songs have been on previous mixes i've made, but i guarantee some new awesome jams!
1) What Reason Could I Give – Ornette Coleman
2) I Love Thousands Every Summer – Paradise
3) Desire As – Prefab Sprout
4) Hellno – The Residents
5) Real Time Here – Key Losers
6) Sonnenrad – Michael Rother
7) Get To You – The Byrds
8) Gather Round – Love
9) Change My Ways – Canned Heat
10) Medicine For Melancholia – Maher Shalal Hash Baz
11) Parachute – The Pretty Things
12) A Real Hero – College (Featuring Electric Youth)
13) Celeste – Donovan
14) Ivory Coast – Pure Bathing Culture
15) Old Scott Rd – The Curtains
16) Darling Be Home Soon – The Lovin’ Spoonful
Wednesday, November 23, 2011
Dueling Mix Battle - MORTAL COMBAT!!
Is found HERE
1. Le Tourbillon – Jeanne Moreaux
2. Flute Spectrum – AcHT(eN)
3. For A Few Dollars More – Ennio Morricone
4. Ram On – Paul McCartney
5. WVWaterfall – AcHT(eN)
6. Willow’s Song – Paul Giovanni
7. Black-Eyed Susan (from Make Us Two Crayons On The Floor) – Maher Shalal Hash Baz
8. Ballad of Dorothy Parker – Prince
9. Help Me – Joni Mitchell
10. I’ll Come Running – Brian Eno
11. Without Her – Harry Nilsson
12. The Lady with the Braid – Dory Previn
13. The Stranger Song – L. Cohen
14. I Lost Something In the Hills – Sibylle Baier
15. High On A Rocky Ledge – Moondog
16. Hope – Bauhaus
17. Selassie Is The Chapel – Bob Marley
18. Om Supreme – Alice Coltrane
19. Mysteries of Love – Julee Cruise
20. God Yu Tekkem Laef Blong Mi – Melanesian Choirs/Hans Zimmer
21. Golden Hair – Syd Barrett
22. Just for a Moment – Ultravox
23. Let It Be Me – Everly Bros
Wednesday, November 16, 2011
Thursday, November 3, 2011
Tuesday, November 1, 2011
Friday, October 21, 2011
I just learned about this Jamaican dance - daggering. From what I gather you just hump the other person super hard with your clothes on. Cheers.
My favorite is when the girl dances on the DJ who you can tell wants none of it.
It's kinda like sexual moshing?
It looks painful!
Sunday, October 16, 2011
Monday, October 10, 2011
Wednesday, October 5, 2011
Sunday, October 2, 2011
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
Friday, September 23, 2011
Thursday, September 22, 2011
Monday, September 19, 2011
Sunday, September 18, 2011
Wednesday, September 14, 2011
Wednesday, September 7, 2011
Do yerself a favor...pour some cherry wine, cover your couch in plastic, grab a roll of extra-strength Brawny, then BEHOLD!
Wednesday, August 31, 2011
I will admit that I originally hated Randy Newman. All I thought about was the Toy Story soundtrack. Sorry Randy, you just did not have a friend in me.
Then I decided to give his early stuff a good listen... and found out - HEY! There is way more to Randy Newman than that god awful soundtrack.
My good friend Samantha McCarthy made me this Essential Randy Newman mix in attempts to convince me of his talent. Three years later I got this in the mail. This is one well thought out Randy Newman mix! It includes her favorite songs from his first five albums placed in sequential order. Enjoy!
Put it in HERE
1. Living Without You (this is my favorite Randy Newman song)
2. I Think He's hiding
3. The Beehive State
4. Have You Seen My Baby?
6. Lover's Prayer
7. Burn On
8. Political Science
9. Dayton, Ohio-1903
10. Last Night I Had A Dream
11. Sail Away
14. A Wedding in Cherokee County
15. Texas Girl at the Funeral of Her Father
16. In Germany Before the War
17. Jolly Coppers on Parade
Saturday, August 27, 2011
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
Tuesday, August 23, 2011
only mine is up so far, but check it out! it may have a couple repeats from older mixes, but plenty of new jams to satisfy!!
When you sucka's are done toying around with your R. Kelly Krunch and Chris Brown Krispies, come n' eat yo' damn Wheaties with Alex...
Friday, August 19, 2011
Whilst working, my coworker, Jake, mentioned the idea for this remix. We decided it was a good idea and now i have turned the REmix into REality. After listening to the whole thing, i think now that perhaps it was a bad idea... all right all right, take a listen if you'd like! here
Wednesday, August 17, 2011
Wednesday, July 27, 2011
They're Sprawling Epic Album, Return Visit To Rock Mass, And More Info Can Be Found Here
i know this album is like 4 hours long, but do yourself the favor and check it!
i'd feel badly about posting this album, but it's sooo hard to find this album for sale!
but please if you like this band, buy their other albums!
this is my favorite band at right now!! it could be yours too!
it looks like i've been yelling this entire post!!!
Saturday, July 23, 2011
Monday, July 11, 2011
Friday, July 1, 2011
Tuesday, June 28, 2011
Thursday, June 23, 2011
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
Friday, June 10, 2011
Friday, June 3, 2011
"Released only on VHS and Laserdisc in 1995, Neil Young’s film Human Highway, filmed in 1978, contains this marvelous footage of Young and Devo having their way with Hey Hey My My. Match made in heaven sez I ! Enjoy this excellent quality clip before the corporate music police take it down."
from Dangerous Minds
Wednesday, June 1, 2011
Tuesday, May 31, 2011
i just re-posted the windswept windy windows album/EP on the rests' bandcamp page. check it out if you haven't already!
also, keep checking in there for more new songs! they're popping up all the time...
Monday, May 23, 2011
Friday, May 20, 2011
Tuesday, May 17, 2011
Monday, May 9, 2011
Thursday, May 5, 2011
Wednesday, May 4, 2011
Sunday, May 1, 2011
So many good things/ slightly wrong. Someone told this kid he will get his point across more clearly if he yells extremely hard. I love the shots by the water at sunset and the yelling kid dances on a hill. However, that five year old girl's dance is just a little too sexy.
Friday, April 29, 2011
Thursday, April 28, 2011
I present to you the first single from my new rad-ass funk ensemble, Electric Boner,
Super Bad (Smelling Fart)
from the album, (Electric Boner)...Blows Your Load.
The lyrics came verbatim (except for the rap part) from Jenn Witte talking to me in her sleep.
AO and Electric Boner
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Sunday, April 24, 2011
Wednesday, April 20, 2011
Tuesday, April 19, 2011
Telstar: The Complete Tornados
1. The Tornados - Love And Fury (2:40)
2. The Tornados - Popeye Twist (2:29)
3. The Tornados - Telstar (3:17)
4. The Tornados - Jungle Fever (2:16)
5. The Tornados - Globetrotter (2:41)
6. 06 Locomotion With Me
7. 07 Robot
8. Life On Venus
9. The Ice Cream Man
10. Theme From The Scales Of Justice
12. Hymn For Teenagers
13. Hot Pot
15. Monte Carlo
16. Blue, Blue, Blue Beat
18. Blackpool Rock
21. Early Bird
22. Stompin' Through The Rye
24. Aqua Marina
25. Pop-Art Goes Mozart
26. Too Much In Love To Her
27. Is That A Ship I Hear
28. Do You Come Here Often
1. Tornados - Dreamin' On A Cloud (2:01)
2. Tornados - Red Roses And A Sky Of Blue (2:23)
3. Tornados - Earthy (1:59)
4. Tornados - Ridin' The Wind (2:58)
5. Tornados - Chasing Moonbeams (1:40)
6. Tornados - 06 - Theme From A Summer Place
7. Tornados - 07 - Swinging Beefeater
8. Tornados - 08 - The Breeze And I
9. Tornados - 09 - Ready Teddy
10. Tornados - 10 - My Babe
11. Tornados - Blue Moon Of Kentucky
12. Tornados -- Long Tall Sally
13. Tornados - 13 - All The Stars In The Sky
14. Tornados - 14 - Indian Brave
15. Tornados - 15 - Flycatcher
16. Tornados - 16 - Dreams Do Come True
17. Tornados - 17 - Lullaby For Giulia
18. Tornados - 18 - Costa Monger
19. Tornados - 19 - Lonely Paradise
20. Tornados - 20 - Chatanooga Choo Choo
21. Tornados - 21 - Rip It Up
22. Tornados - 22 - Alan's Tune
23. Tornados - 23 - Cootenanny
24. Tornados - 24 - Night Rider
25. Tornados - 25 - Life On Venus
26. Tornados - 26 - Telstar
27. Tornados - 27 - Red Rocket
1. Strong As I Am - Prime Movers
2. Coelocanth - Shriekback
3. The Big Hush - Shriekback
4. Graham’s Theme - Michel Rubini
5. Evaporation - Shriekback
6. Heartbeat - Red 7
7. Lector’s Call - The Reds
8. Jogger’s Stakeout - The Reds
9. Leed’s House - The Reds
10. In-A-Gadda-Vida - Iron Butterfly
Monday, April 18, 2011
Saturday, April 16, 2011
a mix of songs i've been enjoying...
1) The Residents - Boy in Love
2) Mu - Ain't No Blues
3) Snakefinger - Yeti : What Are You?
4) Captain Beefheart & The Magic Band - Sun Zoom Spark
5) The Pretty Things - The Good Mr. Square
6) The Pretty Things - She Was Tall, She Was High
7) The Electric Prunes - Onie
8) Jack Nitzsche - Cutter's Way Opening Theme
9) The Curtains - Kites for Rookies
10) Kate Bush - Cloudbusting
11) XTC - The Somnambulist
12) Captain Beefheart & The Magic Band - The Floppy Boot Stomp
13) Snakefinger - Don't Lie
14) Gary Lewis - Look Here Comes The Sun
15) Deerhoof - Spirit Ditties of No Tone
16) Captain Beefheart & The Magic Band - Odd Jobs
17) The Residents - Semolina
18) Snakefinger - Jungle Princess
19) Kate Bush - Pull Out The Pin
20) XTC - Snowman
Friday, April 15, 2011
Friday, April 8, 2011
Tuesday, April 5, 2011
01 Baja Grip - Golden
02 Andres Segovia Interests Me - The Champs
03 Wailing Wall - Blind Idiot God
04 Bricklebrit - The Melvins (Joe Preston solo)
05 Geometry Of Murder - Earth
06 Out For Sex - Gore
07 Trmph Lfe - Thrones
08 Brown Metal - Hella
09 Nobody Likes a Nomad, Or, "Simple Folk" - Orthrelm
10 Blood Swamp - Sunn O))) & Boris
Monday, April 4, 2011
Sunday, April 3, 2011
Wednesday, March 30, 2011
DICK HYMAN - MOOG, The Electric Eclectics of Dick Hyman (1969)
1. Topless Dancers Of Corfu
2. The Legend Of Johnny Pot
3. The Moog And Me
4. Tap Dance In The Memory Banks
5. Four Duets In Odd Meter
6. The Minotaur
7. Total Bells And Tony
8. Improvisation In Fourths
9. Evening Thoughts
10. Give It Up Or Turn It Loose
12. Time Is Tight
*This is the first of these Moog guys I heard. Greg had this on vinyl and let me borrow it for awhile. I made a tape of it and still listen to this goofy shit in my studio all the time.
BRUCE HAACK - Electric Lucifer (1970)
1. electric to me turn
2. the word
3. cherubic hymn
4. program me
6. national anthem to the moog
7. chant of the unborn
9. angel child
10. word game
11. song of the death machine
12. super nova
*The Classic! What a weirdo.
LUCIFER (MORT GARSON) - Black Mass (1971)
1. Solomon's Ring
2. The Ride of Aida (Voodoo)
4. Black Mass
5. The Evil Eye
7. The Philosopher's Stone
8. Voices of the Dead (The Medium)
9. Witch Trial
*off-the-wall bonkers. not as good as Plantasia but I've already posted that one (I think), and this is more in the period and style of the others in this post (although, at the same time, completely different).
TONTO'S EXPANDING HEAD BAND - Zero Time (1971)
*Malcolm Cecil and Robert Margouleff. In-case you don't already know: these are the guys behind Stevie Wonder's synths in the 1970's.
Although it's technically not a Moog, TONTO (The Original New Timbral Orchestra) started of with a couple of Moog synths that were combined with four Oberheims, two ARPS and a bunch of other crazy stuff. It looked like this:
who's that guy!? I believe it's Malcolm. nice overalls thank you.
Friday, March 25, 2011
Thursday, March 24, 2011
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
01 Hell Hound - Sir Lord Baltimore
02 She Came Like A Bat From Hell - Jerusalem
03 I Wanna Say Yeah - Juan De La Cruz
04 Parchment Farm - Blue Cheer
05 Lazylady (1972) - Pentagram
06 Raging River Of Fear - Captain Beyond
07 Satori Pt. V - Flower Travellin' Band
08 Hooded Eagle - Jerusalem
09 vengeance - manowar
10 Ride In The Sky - Lucifer's Friend
11 Second coming - Alice cooper
12 Motorhead - Hawkwind
13 Eccentric Man - Groundhogs
14 Big Eyed Beans From Venus - Captain Beefheart & The Magic Band
01 Cherry Red - Earthless
02 Whiskey River - Comets on fire
03 Mo-Ya Mo-Ya - DMBQ
04 Mary had a Little Drug Problem - Scratch Acid
05 Touch Me I'm sick - Sonic Youth
06 Halloween - Mudhoney
07 Steak Rock - Endless Boogie
08 I Love You Too - Dead Meadow
09 Dragon of The Deep Part 1 - Mammatus
10 Numb - Sleep
Thursday, March 17, 2011
I didn't realize Robin was openly such a creeper as he got older till I saw this video. One time I had a conversation with Derek Wood... he basically told me Robin Gibb probably wouldn't be into me, that he probably got a lot of babes. Now I think I must agree with him. I am too old for him.
Robin so sleeveless and shiny in this one.
Moral of the story... I guess you have a be a mega babe groupie even for the nerds. I call BS on that.
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
I know I posted a video of The Five Stairsteps playing You Waited Too Long but some how this song slipped passed me.
I love these videos!! They are so young! I can't handle their cuteness in their little suits and Keni Burke deeps it. You waited too long is one of my favorite soul jams.
01 Take You Home - Juan De La Cruz
02 Crazy Little Thing - Captain Beefheart & The Magic Ban
03 Zoo Music Girl - The Birthday Party
04 Fists of Love - Big Black
05 She Said - Scratch Acid
06 She Walks - DMBQ
07 Death Valley '69 - Sonic Youth
08 Inky's Butt Crack - Rapeman
09 Fancy Dancer - Wicked Witch
10 kinky lover - Chrome
11 Hold Me Right - ESG
12 Head - Prince
13 white trash hillbilly trick - peter grudzien
14 Freckle-Faced Liza Jane/I Wish I Was Single Again - Leonard Emmanuel
15 Queen Victoria - Leonard Cohen
16 I've Got A Love - Harvey Milk
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Allow me to refer back to my Beach Boys Mix I made a long ass time ago.HERE
When I am done with my class I am going to make a needlepoint of the album Love You.
What have you guys been into as of late??
Friday, March 11, 2011
Country Taco Supreme.
Otherwise known as Pop the Country.
Yes, I've finally made another mix. Sorry it took so long.
I felt ya'll needed a little classic pop country from the last fifty years!
Of course you'll recognize many of these as okee faves sung by yours truly.
How can you go wrong !?!?
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
01 Gifthorse / Ursa Minor - Thrones
02 Love Swing - Harvey Milk
03 Boris - Melvins
04 New Pants & Shirt - Teeth Of Lions Rule The Divine
05 Hate Song (Version) - Fudge Tunnel
06 Earthworm - Grief
07 the iron room - Man Is The Bastard
08 Bad Year - Iron Monkey
09 disgraceland - zeni geva
10 Sheep and Goat Judgement - the whip
11 Lorch-Miller - Karp
12 Fireface - High On Fire
(I also posted this on the Bafth dumbler)
enjoy at your own risk
Friday, March 4, 2011
01 - Django - The Thrones
02 - Tokyo Drifter Main Theme - Unknown
03 - Masters Of War - The Staple Singers
04 - Talk back trembling lips - Kitty Wells
05 - Banks Of The Ohio - Bill Monroe & Doc Watson
06 - Cocaine - Abner Jay
07 - Don't mess with my man - Irma Thomas
08 - I Want to Get Married - The Delicates
09 - Motor Cycle Michael - Lotti Golden
10 - Ma Tafou Gnin - Orchestre Poly Rythmo
11 - To Be Wise - Ofege
12 - (unknown) - Unknown Chinese Dance Pop
13 - Raider - Judy Henske & Jerry Yester
14 - Banjo Country - Henry Flynt
15 - King Minos II - Popol Vuh
16 - Deep Waters - Dirty Three
JAMS IV.V : Tongue Thongs
01 - Prince Alone In The Studio - Smog
02 - You're Feelings - The Champs
03 - Venus In Furs - Jim O'Rourke
04 - How Can You Mend a Broken Heart? - Bee Gees
05 - Saturday Suit - Art Garfunkel
06 - Wrong Space, Wrong Time - Jeff Phelps
07 - In Love - Prince
08 - Show You The Way To Go - The Jacksons
09 - I Found Lovin' - The Fatback Band
10 - Do Me Baby - Bel Biv Devoe
11 - Dinosaur Sex - Family Fodder
12 - These Eyes - Guess Who
Monday, February 28, 2011
Music from Aguirre, Heart of Glass, Nosferatu, Fitzcarraldo, and Cobra Verde... still no Sculptor Steiner.
"German label SPV have compiled their body of five full length cinematic commissions Heart of Glass (1976), and the Klaus Kinski-starring Aguirre (1972), Nosferatu (1979), Fitzcarraldo (1982) and Cobra Verde (1987) in one beautiful box set.
Scoring Herzog’s ‘Aguirre’, Popol Vuh, lead by Florian Fricke, established a longstanding relationship with the director, providing him with a milestone of electronic music which is still named as a masterpiece to this day. Fricke’s innately moving compositions presaged the electronic ambient and new age genres, incorporating avant-garde classical, religious music, prog and krautrock themes into a substantial, harmonically rich sound.
As fellow krautrock pioneer Klaus Schulze says “Here, he went on to create a new world, which Werner Herzog loves so much, transforming the thought pattern of electronic music into the language of acoustic ethno music” perfectly reflecting the films inherent themes of humanity, religion and nature. Over the next fifteen years Fricke’s musical evolution was charted by his work for Herzog, weaving increasingly elaborate instrumentation into the electronic fabric of his compositions. Between his captivating choral work for Nosferatu, the operatic classicism of Fitzcarraldo, or the breathtaking lushness of Cobra Verde, Fricke and Popol Vuh inspired a generation and re-defined the art of the soundtrack. This box set is a tremendous testament to his accomplishments – grab one while you can."
I recomend that you
or you can click on Klaus for Magiska
Saturday, February 26, 2011
I will admit I have been a bit down in dumps as of late. What with being trapped in the desert while I do my student teaching and finish my last credentialing classes. For some reason doing my student teaching is making me question a lot of things and reflect on getting my dick knocked in the dirt by life. Education is actually very bleak it turns out.
Last night I woke up and listened to this song because someone posted it and I couldn't sleep. It was exactly what i needed after a grueling long week.
You know a song is good when it pulls you out of your self loathing depression in the first 30 seconds and makes you feel like things can't all be so bad.
Thank god for feel good jams and that one student who randomly gives you big hugs cause he likes you and feels safe with you.
Friday, February 25, 2011
1. how many years too soon 5:13
2. raider 4:00
3. return to zanzibar 3:52
4. caroline 3:45
5. riding you 4:54
6. kinky lover 3:33
7. sun control 3:12
8. my time to live 4:21
9. memory cords over the bay 4:49
Thursday, February 24, 2011
Saturday, February 19, 2011
Thursday, February 17, 2011
are things produced by Brian Wilson in the early years...
1. Run Around Lover - Sharon Marie
2. Thinkin Bout You Baby - Sharon Marie
3. Pamela Jean - The Survivors
4. After The Game - The Survivors
5. Sacramento - Gary Usher
6. That's The Way I Feel - Gary Usher
7. Teh One You Can't Have - The Honeys
8. Surfin' Down The Swanne River - The Honey
9. Summertime - Sharon Marie
10. Hide Go Seek - The Honeys
11. Shyin Away - American Spring
12. Pray For Surf - The Honeys
13. Shoot The Curl - The Honeys
14. Vegetables - The Laughing Gravy
15. The Revo-Lution - Rachel & The Revolvers
16. Number One - Rachel & The Revolvers
17. She Rides With Me - Paul Petersen
18. Guess I'm Dumb - Glen Campbell
19. Story Of My Life - Sharon Marie
20. He's A Doll - The Honeys
21. Tonight You Belong To Me - The Honeys
22. Goodnight My Love - The Honeys
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Saturday, February 12, 2011
blow your mind!!!!
I haven't posted much in awhile because I have been in a music rut. I figured I should post what I have been listening to as of late. Enjoy wont you? Download HERE
1. Who do you love? - The Sapphires
2. Somebody Special - Bobby Womack
3. Happy Birthday Eric - Aaron Olson
4. Round and Round - Ariel Pink
5. Hearts of Fire - Robin Gibb
6. I want to WIn - Guido & Maurizio de Angelis
7. Hello Stranger - Barbara Lewis (shoe box, shoe box, my shoubals oooooooo)
8. Let it be me - The Everly Brothers
9. Reason to Believe - Gary Lewis
10. Have you seen her? The Chi-lites
11. The chokin' kind - Joe Simon
12. Cry to Me - Solomon Burke
13. Methwalk - Aaron Olson
14. Lost in your love - R. Kelly
Friday, February 11, 2011
Thursday, February 10, 2011
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
1. I'm a Poor Boy a long Ways from Home - John Fahey
2. Italian Rag - Rev. Gary Davis
3. Children's Dance - Harry Taussig
4. Cathedrals Et Fleur De Lis - Robbie Basho
5. In the Flower of Our Youth - Richard Crandell
6. She Moved Thru The Bizarre/Blue Raga - Davey Graham
7. The Star of County Down Childgrove - Suni McGrath
8. Red Horse II - Jack Rose
9. Smiling Penguins - Steffen Basho-Junghans
10. Access - Fred Frith
11. Gitane Allegro - Sir Richard Bishop
12. Day at the Fair - Peter Walker
ps. The Shub himself sculpted that giant snowy cock'n'balls last winter in the commons near his home in south London for all to see. Obviously, I am proud of that boy.
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
Monday, February 7, 2011
Although I'm at a loss finding things to add to these forays into history, I do keep up with almost all forms of new music so that I know exactly what I need to rip off to advance my own music career. I have been doing a separate blog for a month now to share the best new stuffs that I think more people need to try out. I wanted to start spreading the word about it so I tried to sneak a link up in the upper right yesterday but I don't think I'm allowed. Instead, I just followed any tumblrs listed up there and got two messages asking today if it was truly me behind http://thesizzler.tumblr.com. So here's a post to say yeah, that's me. I am the sizzler. Enjoy.
Sunday, February 6, 2011
(L to R: Jack Nitzsche, Darlene Love, Phil Spector)
Mr. Nitzsche needs no introduction to most of you affectionandos, but I decided to post this because, well, it's about time some Jack Nitzsche essentials landed on the 'nandos blog.
Quick back story:
-Moved to LA in '55 as a jazz saxophonist.
-Wrote "Needles and Pins" with Sunny Bono for Jackie DeShannon. His instrumental "The Lonely Surfer" becomes a hit.
-Gets his major start in the late 50's as arranger and conductor for Phil Spector.
-Works closely with "The Wrecking Crew" session musicians.
-Organized the music for the T.A.M.I. show.
-Worked with The Beach Boys, The Monkees, The Rolling Stones, Neil Young and Crazy Horse, Bob Lind, Gram Parker, Willie DeVille, Link Wray, Ry Cooder, Captain Beefheart, Buffy Sainte-Marie, REM...
-Probably most famous for his soundtracks. Especially One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.
others include: Performance, Blue Collar, The Exorcist, Cruising, Hard Core, Cutter's Way, An Officer And A Gentleman, The Razor's Edge, Starman and tons of others (literally if you weigh the film stock).
Below are One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest and Performance. Also a 2 disc comp. of Jack Nitzsche's career, pretty rad (I especially recommend Vol 2 "Hard Workin' Man"). If anyone knows where I can get a hold of the OSTs for Blue Collar, Cutter's Way, and Cruising, holla! (Aaron?)